How to purchase a firearm online
ORDER A GUN IN 3 EASY STEPS:
STEP 1 – SHOP
- Choose your firearm, add to cart, and proceed to checkout.
- Is this gun legal?
STEP 2 – CHECKOUT
- Choose and contact a local FFL Dealer, then enter your payment info.
- More about FFL Locator.
STEP 3 – TRANSFER
- Take ownership of firearm from your local FFL.
- Background check will be done at your local FFL (Transfer fees may apply, inquire with your local FFL)
- More info on background checks and Return policy.
- All ammunition will be shipped FedEx or UPS ground; no air freight allowed.
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately.
- Always make sure you order the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun and rifle ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammo.
- Check your state and local laws for any other restrictions before ordering.
- Ammo Shipping Restrictions: Sky Tactical does not ship ammo to CA, IL, NY, NJ, MA, DC, CT, or P.O. Boxes
- ALL SALES FINAL ON AMMO ORDERS: Cancellations and Returns are NOT Allowed
- You must be 18 or older to purchase a rifle or shotgun and 21 or older to purchase a handgun.
- You are responsible for compliance to your local and state laws.
- Be aware of restrictions on extended magazines and certain types of AR-15 style rifles.
- Buying a suppressor? Get more info on Class III / NFA Firearms.
- During checkout you specify a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) near you who transfers the firearm to you, after successful background check if needed.
- FFL can be your local Gun Shop, Gun Range or Pawn Shop willing to perform the transfer.
- NOTE: Contact your local FFL first to confirm the dealer will conduct the transfer.
- If needed, use our FFL Locator for a list of gun dealers near you.
- You are responsible to pay the FFL’s transfer fee which is generally $30-50.
- If FFL is not in our system, the gun dealer must send their license (FFL) to us by either email (FFL@skytactical.com)
- Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement.
- All unauthorized returns to skytactical.com will be refused; no exceptions. More info on how to return a gun.
ONLINE GUN BUYING FAQS
Q: HOW TO FIND AN FFL DEALER NEAR ME?
- A: Use the Skytactical.com FFL Locator to find one in your area.
Q: CAN AMMO BE SHIPPED WITH A GUN?
- A: No, Ammunition and Firearms must be shipped separately.
Q: HOW DO I RETURN SOMETHING?
- A: Returns are accepted for defective merchandise.
- Skytactical.com will provide a refund or exchange on all defective firearms, prior to transfer, and accessories found defective within 10 days.
- Skytactical.com will arrange return shipping, only after issuing a return authorization.
- Mailing address for authorized returns:
- Attn: Returns Department
- 1131 Bank St
- Hillside, NJ 07205
TIPS and MORE INFO:
- Please take your time to inspect firearms before accepting the transfer.
- Once a new firearm is transferred to you it is considered used, even if unfired.
- We cannot provide a full refund for new firearms once they have been transferred into your possession.
- Also, we do not reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items.
- If defect is discover after the transfer, the firearm must be returned directly to the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty policy).
STILL NEED HELP?
- Call or Text (845) 217-0096 Monday – Friday 9:30-5:00 Eastern Time, or leave us a message.